Friday, June 8, 2012

Flavours & Seasonings.... and some more!

Flavours & Seasonings.... and some more!


Flavours and seasonings is all about trying to reignite my old passion – Collecting recipes!

There was a time when I loved experimenting with different types of recipes. Writing down meticulously the ingredients and method to cook up a dish seemed to be a great pastime. Many colorful and good-to-gobble-down-looking magazine cutouts found place in one of my four hand-written recipe books. I would experiment some and make my family taste stuff that no one else would dare to. Sometimes it was eaten out of I-shouldn’t-break-her-heart-sympathy, but surprisingly enough most of the times it fetched me some awesome compliments! ;)

I could coax all sorts of smells and flavors out of a bland looking dish. You see, I ain’t a big fan of artificial colors. A bit of Seasoning and a dash of flavour was all that was required to make the food taste restaurant-like!

What I have never been able to achieve, even today, is the same "Maa ke haath ka khana" taste. Well, someday! :) Till then, there are recipes by my Maa.... and I shall keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment